Tuesday, August 25, 2009

In two weeks my life will change…again. It’s the waiting that always gets to me. This weird limbo of time in between what was and what is to come. I’m heading back to bouley. Bouley was my first restaurant. It’s where I fell in love with fine dining and hard work and long hours. I learned so much about this world that I am in because of this place. I was so young and naive when I first set foot inside that basement kitchen. Only a few people that I use to work with are still left there. But they are some of the golden ones. I am going back experienced and with the expectation to run that kitchen and show the newbies how it’s done. This concept still blows my mind. I’m no longer new. I can go into a kitchen and figure out how it works in a matter of a couple days now. Instead of having to constantly ask questions I am the person people go to for advice. I hope I can make this work. I hope that this is what I have been searching for. I compare ever other kitchen to this one, so maybe by going back I can make sense of all of this again. I know i am going to disappear again at the holidays. Someone needs to check in on me between the months of November to February to make sure I am still sane (or alive). But I have a good feeling about this. I mean I am working in a $5 million restaurant. Something good will surely come out of this. Right?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

don't joke about the being alive part!

ps. what's your address?

pinky. said...

165 meserole steet. Apt 28. Brooklyn. Ny. 11206!

stacy out west said...

if bill clinton comes in again, tell him i said hi!